Doradaisy Marasigan McDonald, RN, BSN, MHCA,CPUR
(Hidden to protect from identity theft)
O B J E C T I V E
To obtain employment with an organization that will offer challenging opportunities for my professional growth and will effectively utilize my skills, abilities and professional experience.
S U M M A R Y O F Q U A L I F I C A T I O N S
Over thirty years of clinical nursing and management experience including utilization and quality assurance. Detail-oriented, organized and a team player as well as a leader. Functional with various computer programs and applications such as Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, Tables, etc.
E D U C A T I O N
University of La Verne
La Verne, CA
Masters Degree in Health Care Administration
University of Santo Tomas
Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing
* Current and Active Nevada Registered Nurse License
* Current and Inactive California Nurse License
* Certified Professional Utilization Reviewer (CPUR)
P R O F E S S I O N A L E X P E R I E N C E
July 2006 - Present
2080 E. Flamingo Road #307
Las Vegas, NV 89119
Mike OíCallaghan Federal Hospital
September 2005 - July 2006
4700 N. Las Vegas Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89191
Position: RN Case Manager
Responsibilities included: Case management of military personnel, both active duty and retired members and their dependents with complex and/or multiple health
care needs; and the provision of coordination of care. All duties were in compliance with the military and federal rules and regulations and the health planís benefit
Excel MSO, LLC
October 2001 - July 2004
1565 Mabury Road, Suite D
San Jose, CA 95113
Positions: RN Case Manager and Utilization Reviewer
Responsibilities included: On-site hospital utilization reviews for appropriateness of hospital stay, coordinated discharge planning for appropriate placement and
home care needs. Initiated the use of laptop computer for inpatient utilization review notes at the hospital which was then downloaded to the office computer.
Major accomplishment: Created a nurse-friendly manual for the use of the laptop computer for hospital review functions.
March 2000 - September 2001
Worked as a case manager and utilization reviewer for various hospitals.
KPC Medical Management
September 1999 - October 1999
Positions: Manager of 24-hour telephone operators and special projects.
June 1991 - August 1999
Positions: Utilization Case Manager, Transplant Coordinator, Supervisor and Manager.
1. Patient-focused activities - High-priority to ensure patient satisfaction.
2. Utilization - Performed utilization functions to ensure that patient hospital stays meet InterQual requirement.
3. Discharge planning - Coordinated follow-up care with primary care physicians, home health care and nursing home care placements.
4. Transplant Coordinator - Coordinated patient care with primary care physicians, health plans, other payors, and the transplant centers.
5. Supervisor - Instrumental in the development of policies and procedures as well as a computer program for database collection for utilization management
6. Manager - Manager of the Telephone Advice and Emergency Room Authorizations Department; developed a nurse-friendly user manual for the computer
program; wrote the draft to create job descriptions; responsible for the training and development of the nurses and clerical support; responsible for the
management of over 30,000 calls per month; reduced the abandonment rate to within the acceptable standards; responsible for maintaining the accuracy of a
reference matrix used by the staff.
1990 - 1991
Los Angeles, CA
Worked for various institutions and organizations as a case manager, utilization reviewer and quality assurance manager.
Jerry L. Pettis VA Med. Center
1980 - 1990
Loma Linda, CA
Positions: Head Nurse, Hospital-Based Home Care Nurse, Utilization Management and Quality Management Nurse.
Major Accomplishment: Development of a tool to assess patientís neurological status.
VA Medical Center
1976 - 1980
Position: Staff Nurse - Telemetry unit, Neurological and Cardiac Step-Down units.
Brooklyn VA Hospital
1970 - 1976
Position: Head Nurse - Neurological unit
References Available Upon Request
Copyright © 2006 Doradaisy.com